Printable Bible Quiz -
This printable Bible quiz focuses on the topic of Jesus' resurrection. It will test your knowledge of the Bible.
The answers are provided here
with explanations where needed, to help you learn more about the topic. Some of the answers will be a little different than you might expect and are derived from the book
"In the Heart of the Earth: The Secret Code That Reveals What Is In the Heart of God"
which takes a careful look at this passage:
For Quiz on: Jesus' Resurrection
"But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." (Matt 12:39-40)
It also looks at many other verses and aspects of the resurrection story even looking into the meanings of the original Greek words. It is a very interesting study with a rewarding message at the end.
Note that some of the questions are tricky. There are the fourteen multiple choice questions:
to read the PDF file of this printable Bible quiz in your browser (requires Acrobat Reader), to save it or to print it (2 pages).
How Much Do You Know About Jesus' Resurrection?
1. The word "heart" in the phrase "in the heart of the earth" (Matt 12:40) is translated with the meaning of "middle" or "center" how many times in the New Testament?
2. The word "week" in the phrase "first day of the week" (eg Matt 28:1) is translated from which Greek word?
3. For how long did Jesus say He would be in the grave?
a) three days and three nights
4. Jesus said He would be able to take up His life again of His own power.
b) 72 hours exactly
c) until the stone was rolled away
d) He didn't say
5. When did the betrayal by Judas happen?
a) Tuesday evening
6. When did the chief priests ask for soldiers to guard the tomb?
b) Judas returned the 30 pieces of silver so it didn't really happen
c) the evening before the crucifixion in the Garden of Gethsemane
d) at Jesus trial
a) right after sunset on Friday evening
7. The reaction of the Roman soldiers guarding the tomb to the risen, glorified Jesus was:
b) the next day, sometime Saturday
c) they didn't, Pilate commanded it
d) when Joseph of Arimathaea requested the body
a) they became "as dead men"
8. Some believers who, previous to Jesus' death, had died and been buried were raised to life at Jesus' death.
b) they ran back to the city
c) they worshipped Him
d) they didn't see Him
9. Something was not right about the circumstances of Jesus' death. Was it:
a) the day He died
10. Mary, who was first to the tomb, then went to where?
b) the place He died
c) the way He died
d) all of the above
a) John's home
11. What did Peter and John see when they entered Jesus' tomb that caused them to believe?
b) the upper room where the 12 were gathered
c) back to her home
d) to buy spices
a) that the tomb was empty
12. Jesus told the women who saw Him after His resurrection not to hold on to Him because:
b) an angel
c) the grave clothes
d) a note written by Jesus
a) He was ritually unclean, having just been dead
13. What was the ceremony that pointed forward to (foreshadowed) the resurrection of Jesus?
b) He had not yet ascended to His Father
c) He was in a hurry to visit the disciples
d) it was not proper
a) the cup of wine at the Last Supper
14. What was the sign of Jonah a sign of?
b) the wave sheaf of first fruits
c) the offering of the Passover lamb
d) the lighting of the Menorah (candles)
a) that Jesus was the true Messiah
Now, let's see how well you did on this printable Bible quiz about Jesus' resurrection. And, watch for other printable Bible quiz topics to come.
b) that He changed the holy day from Sabbath to Sunday
c) that He, as the Messiah, had power to change the law
d) that God always honor's our free will