Leviticus 11 Supported
by Pig and Pork Facts
Leviticus 11 has some good health advice. The pig or swine is a very popular food item with many people, including Christians. Yet many Christians are unaware that the Creator that they profess to believe in has condemned the eating of swine's flesh. This is very clear in scripture and the condemnation is even supported by some very sound biological principles.
Here are some facts on pork that prove it to be a very unhealthy food to eat:
There are other reasons grounded in biological facts that could be listed to show why pigs and swine should not be eaten. But a true Christian should only need one reason why not to eat this type of food and that is because God prohibited it. Leviticus 11 is very clear.
- A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.
- The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison. When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.
- Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.
- Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.
- Farmers will often pen up pigs around a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes and, if bitten, they will not be harmed by the venom.
- When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.
- Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.
- Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3-oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3-oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3-oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3-oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.
- Cows have a complex digestive system with four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine's one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.
- The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why GOD commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8).
- The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small and, once ingested, can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cordor brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking but, when present, they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.
- The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass through its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig.
"And the swine, because it divides the hoof, yet does not chew the cud, it is unclean unto you: you shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase." - Leviticus 11:7,8; Deuteronomy 14:8
Those who say that the Messiah abolished the law condemning pork are motivated by their stomach, not by Scripture. The problems with pork are biological and the Messiah never changed the laws of biology!
reporting and analysing world events related to prophecy.
The Greek has multiple words for forgiveness? God forgives (charizomai
) whether we ask or not. Receiving forgiveness (apheimi
) is by our choice.
God always forgives!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Please leave a comment below.