Well it's finally out in the open.
Here is the latest on Obama.
The following info was obtained from a leaflet sent in the mail from HOPE channel. Recently Obama went to Italy to meet for the G-8 summit. He also had a personal interview with the pope, and the pope presented him with a copy of the pope's latest encyclical. The pope prepared this just for this summit and for Obama. The folks at HOPE read it. It is called Charity of Truth. And HOPE believes this is a wake-up call for SDA's. They have listed 10 points which the pope has made which seem to directly fulfill the SDA understanding of Bible prophecy. Here are the points:
- A Global Government. The pope is calling for a "true world political authority" to fix the problems that plague the world. (page 67)
- Church and State. The pope says this new political authority will make its decisions based on spiritual values. (Chapter 5)
- The Papacy at the Head. These spiritual values cannot be derived from just any religion, since not "all religions are equal." (p 55)
- Religion,Politics and the Economy. The church must influence all areas of society since God must have "a place in the public realm, specificially in regard to its cultural, social, economic, and particularly its political dimensions." (56)
- Power to Enforce Law. This "political authority" must have "real teeth" and "be vested with the effective power" to enforce its laws around the world. (67)
- Control Buying and Selling. The new world governing power will institute socialistic policies for government to redistribute wealth. (chapter 3)
- Resurgency of Labor Unions. Labor Unions are to be empowered to "play a decisive role" in the new world order. (25)
- The Church's Goal. Pope Benedict says that this encyclical is to help achieve "The goal of the history of the human family"--to build "the universal city of God." (7)
- Redefining Religious Liberty. While claiming not "to interfere in any way in the politicis of States," the pope redefines "liberty" as happening when the world obeys laws shaped by the Roman Church's spiritual values. According to the pope, as the church influences states to enforce its view of "truth" on others,people are set "free." "This mission of truth is something that the Church can never renounce." (9)
- Immortal Souls. The non-biblical belief that man has an immortal soul helps to insure the pope's global agenda. "Man is ...God's creature, whom God chose to endow with an immortal soul." (29)
The pope's views on the redistribution of wealth and his agenda set forth in Charity in Truth echo many of the same themes that Obama campaigned for last year. As a result, the White House was excited about the meeting as this insider describes:
"The encyclical ramped up the level of White House enthusiasm for this meeting because you can't read it without sensing that these two men are seeing economic questions the same way," says a Catholic adviser to the White House....The Holy Father's emphasis on putting the human person at the center of the economy strongly echoes themes that Obama campaigned on and is working to implement. (Dan Gilgoff, Obama's Most Important Catholic Adviser, U.S./ News and World Report, July 10, 2009).